Welcome to Camp Buckeye
Here is who we are and where we have been.
Camp Buckeye was founded by Boy Scouts of America in 1945.
In 1984 a group of people created a non-profit organization called Grass Roots Ministries, Inc., and purchased Camp Buckeye.
* We provide summer camps for children during the summer.
* We rent out our facilities for an entire week as well as for weekends.
* We have Serenity Cabin, an adult only, cabin for your spiritual retreat.
* Serenity is also available for full time Pastors on a donation basis
* We have a Junior Olympic size swimming pool and a pond for fishing.
* We have trails for hiking, a sand volley ball court, a mini golf course and a large playing field.
So, whether you need a place for a Family Reunion, Winter Retreat, Summer Camp, Youth Retreat or just want a leisurely walk in the woods Consider having your activity here.
June 22-27 – Adventure Camp is for teens 15-18 years old and ready for a challenge! We sleep in cabins and also do outpost camping under the stars. We get out of the comfort zone in night hikes, conquer The Wall in Five days of adventure camping
June 29 – July 4 – Basics I is for kids ages 8-11. This week includes: Swimming in our Olympic sized pool, hiking our many trails, arts and crafts, low ropes course and exploring the waterfalls, star gazing and campfire meetings.
July 6-11 – Basics II is for younger teens ages 12-14. We offer a week packed full of camping, swimming, hiking, crafts, exploring the Waterfalls, a river canoe trip, ’doing the ropes thing’ and much, much more!
June 23-27 – Day Camp is the opportunity for young campers to enjoy camp by day while bunking at home. Day campers join us during the hours of 9- 5 for crafts, nature hikes, swimming, miniature golf, field games and other activities.