Welcome to Camp Buckeye
Here is who we are and where we have been.
Camp Buckeye was founded by Boy Scouts of America in 1945.
In 1984 a group of people created a non-profit organization called Grass Roots Ministries, Inc., and purchased Camp Buckeye.
* We provide summer camps for children during the summer.
* We rent out our facilities for an entire week as well as for weekends.
* We have Serenity Cabin, an adult only, cabin for your spiritual retreat.
* Serenity is also available for full time Pastors on a donation basis
* We have a Junior Olympic size swimming pool and a pond for fishing.
* We have trails for hiking, a sand volley ball court, a mini golf course and a large playing field.
So, whether you need a place for a Family Reunion, Winter Retreat, Summer Camp, Youth Retreat or just want a leisurely walk in the woods Consider having your activity here.
Details: Starts on Friday at 6:00 PM and ends Monday after lunch, 3 meals included on Sat. and Sun., 2 Meals on Monday, No meals provided Friday night. Overnight accommodations in dormitory connected to scrap area. Serenity Cabin additional charge, can sleep up to 4-5 guests.
Full details here.
Camp Buckeye is Celebrating 30 Years of Camping Ministry!
In 1984, LeRoy Mullet, Ken Stoltzfus and Nate Miller shared a dream that a former Boy Scout Camp could be a place for children and families to pull away from the fast pace of everyday life and enjoy simple things like conversations around a camp fire and hikes in the beauty of God’s creation and best of all experience God’s love. That dream is still alive and well. We continue to host families, youth groups and summer camp for children. Camp Buckeye has seen many changes over the years, it’s a fact of life that change comes; yet Camp still remains a place of safety and peace.
We would love for you to experience Camp Buckeye. Contact us today to schedule a visit.